POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mike's Drums (posted by Uncle Ken) : Re: Mike's Drums (posted by Uncle Ken) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 05:20:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mike's Drums (posted by Uncle Ken)
From: Ken
Date: 5 May 1999 03:08:24
Message: <372FDFD1.788B8661@pacbell.net>
Lance Birch wrote:

> Gee, you guys are really funny... but I'm sick of seeing Australia treated
> like that... considering it has the highest computer/person ratio in the
> world, and the largest online connectivity percentage... I know we've only
> got 18 million people here... but it certainly is an advanced place compared
> to some...

  No one said it was a backwards country Lance. The implication of it being
sparsely populated in relation to the amount of developed land can hardly
be contested. You are the one who is being defensive towards something
you should instead cherish.

> Ah well... and by the way, Australia is considered the most multicultural
> country in the world...
>
> --
> Lance.

  Considered by whom ? I personally hold the US in first place in that
regard. We are not a culture so much as we are the world. Ethnic and
social diversity is what this nation was made from and the policy is
as true today as it was 200 years ago. New York has more multi-cultural
inhabitants than your entire country has people. I am not saying this
is good or bad. I justs calls em as I sees um.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net