POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : X-POV-Ray? : Re: X-POV-Ray? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 22:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X-POV-Ray?
From: TonyB
Date: 4 May 1999 16:40:06
Message: <372F386B.5D1CE44A@panama.phoenix.net>
> How many what were going to St. Ives ? If you suggest people then
> the answer is still only one. At least as far as those listed. It
> is quite possible many others were on their way to St. Ives but
> the criptic nature of the verse does not give rise to suffecient
> data to confirm or deny the implication otherwise.

Very good, Mr. Tyler. You have solved the riddle... (= Now I have to
find another one...

The problem arises in the way it was written. It states that someone was
going to St. Ives, yet does not clarify on if the man, and wives, and
cats, and kits may have been going in that direction. At least, that's
how I see it. So, AFAIK, it has to be one.