POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How do I learn? : Re: How do I learn? Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I learn?
From: Mikael Carneholm
Date: 4 May 1999 10:07:15
Message: <372EF040.C5DA803@ida.utb.hb.se>
The best way is to have a goal for what you want to do. Actually, I'm
having a problem doing things which are not related to learning
something new, i.e., I only think it's fun if there's some sort of
problem solving involved.

Example: I have always loved airplanes, me and my father used to build
R/C model aircraft and I was in some way raised on aircraft. Now, I love
the looks of Cessna:s and wanted to be able to model as beautiful things
as I had seen been modeled in Rhino and similar programs. I was told
about sPatch (http://www.cableone.net/alyson/spatch.html) and started
right away.
Now, I had what I needed: an idea of what I wanted to do, and a problem.
The idea was to model a Cessna, and the problem was to find out how to
do it in sPatch (=learning the program).

Pretty much the same with everything I've done, i.e. an idea, and a
problem. (I believe I would be very happy to be an inventor, but I don't
know how I would handle a situation where I was out of ideas...guess I'm
doing the right thing now as I'm getting a good education in systems
development - which allows me to get a permanent job at some company
instead.)

So just go ahead and try to realize whatever ideas you have - you will
learn a great deal in doing so.

- Mikael.

Mikael Carneholm
Dep. of Computer Science