POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : PLagerised peice (PLease don't flame me!) : Re: PLagerised peice (PLease don't flame me!) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:18:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PLagerised peice (PLease don't flame me!)
From: Psychomek
Date: 4 May 1999 09:12:12
Message: <372EE32C.D2AB68C0@cyberhighway.net>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi Psychomek, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > I am taking a 3ds file i found in 3dcafe and trying to textures it so i
> > can render it.  but i have one problem... the UDO and INC file i created
> > for it is a WHOPPING 110 MB in size!   any way to get around this?
> Since you didn't mention how you are converting the 3DS mesh to a
> UDO/INC pair, you may want to look at 3DWinConverter (at
> www.stmuc.com/thbaier). It allows you to set a threshhold angle which
> reduces the number of lines in the UDO display.
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

I used the 3dwincoverter but that is what gives me teh 120 UDO/INC files   but
if i use the Win3ds2pov program i get 70MB......which is till not small enough
for me...

P.S. i was wrong about teh file size in the original post. the file was bigger
than i said!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)