POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Fractal tutorials : Re: Fractal tutorials Server Time
5 May 2024 12:35:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractal tutorials
From: Ken
Date: 4 May 1999 05:36:16
Message: <372EB0F4.546DCAD7@pacbell.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> I know this is not *exactly* the approptiate group (nor the
> appropriate server for all that I know of :) ) but with all these
> fractal postings recently I may survive the flames :)
>
> Anyway, can anyone direct me to some .pdf .doc .eps or similar format
> (or html but if it is a single page) tutorial on fractals? I am
> interested in chaotic systems, attractors, M-set and J-set offspring,
> 2D and 3D. The FractInt documentation is very brief on these subjects.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA.
>
> ---------
> Peter Popov
> ICQ: 15002700

Hi Peter,

A tutorial on fractals
http://life.csu.edu.au/complex/tutorials/tutorial3.html

  The following two are also interesting reading for all if not implicitly
fractal in content.

Cellular Automata tutorial
http://life.csu.edu.au/complex/tutorials/tutorial1.html

L-Systems tutorial - some fractal content
http://life.csu.edu.au/complex/tutorials/tutorial2.html

The sci.fractals FAQ
http://fractal.mta.ca/sci.fractals-faq/

Also see: