POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : Fractal tutorials : Re: Fractal tutorials Server Time
5 May 2024 07:03:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fractal tutorials
From: Ken
Date: 4 May 1999 02:51:54
Message: <372E8A76.9FADCC5@pacbell.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> I know this is not *exactly* the approptiate group (nor the
> appropriate server for all that I know of :) ) but with all these
> fractal postings recently I may survive the flames :)
>
> Anyway, can anyone direct me to some .pdf .doc .eps or similar format
> (or html but if it is a single page) tutorial on fractals? I am
> interested in chaotic systems, attractors, M-set and J-set offspring,
> 2D and 3D. The FractInt documentation is very brief on these subjects.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA.
>
> ---------
> Peter Popov
> ICQ: 15002700

This is an excellent source of all things math. My thanks to Ingo for
providing me with the link. If you go to the math subject area and click
on the fractals link at first it only looks like a list of books on the
subject. Be sure to click on the differenct links for more information.
There are a lot of equations available if you search hard enough ; }

Access to the site is off and on. If you don't get in today try again in
a week.
http://www.astro.virginia.edu/~eww6n/TreasureTroves.html

  Here is a great list of books related to fractals from the site above.
Perhaps your university library has some of them on hand.

http://www.astro.virginia.edu/~eww6n/books/Fractals.html

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net