POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : How do I learn? : Re: How do I learn? Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How do I learn?
From: bankspad
Date: 3 May 1999 21:49:44
Message: <372E4010.3F0E6A0F@pacbell.net>
Hello.
I would suggest a little of what both TonyB and GrimDude were saying. What I
know, and what I'm learning I've taught myself - via the hard works of
others that have been recorded in print - i.e. I read a lot! Along with the
reading I apply apply and apply some more. This is good to do if you really
want to learn and believe you have the diligence to and hunger to climb an
ever rising mountain. To be honest, this is the same attitude you must have
to succeed in University. No one there is going to nor be able to spoon feed
your education. You must read, study and apply to reap any benefit and
reward from your efforts. Going to University is necessary if you want
documentation to prove your knowlege so that it can be applied toward a
career path. However, if this isn't a career choice yet you still want to
learn and discover then documentation isn't that important and the pace you
set can be as comfortable and challenging as you wish. So, prelude over: My
advice would be used book stores and garage sales - cheap books - very cheap
and the Web. There are thousands of resources all relating to the topic of
math, for free, and hundreds of sites run by people who want only to share
their knowlege and help anyone who is like-wise interested. So, I would
recommend getting your hands on a book of advanced algebra - or if you are
past that - Trig - and start on page one. Be patient, consistent - and never
look at the bibliography until you have finished the book (it will only
scare and/or distract you )    ;-]

KB-

p.s remeber - apply, apply, apply; do the problems answer the questions -
banking from GrimDudes message - experience will always pay-off greater than
anything else - and experience is something "done" not "going to do".