POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Polyray/animplug (feature/speed) : Re: Polyray/animplug (feature/speed) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Polyray/animplug (feature/speed)
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 3 May 1999 08:25:02
Message: <372D8795.AEACCA55@hotbot.com>
Alex Magidow wrote:

> This question may have been asked, and if so, I'm sorry, but does this animation
> plugin support media/fog?

The proper answer is mostly no.   While I've got a pretty good ability
to render media with my renderer, there's no animation for it.  I
haven't gotten around to doing fog yet (my renderer does it differently
than POV-Ray and I've got to do some coding to get something that looks
the same).

One problem is that there currently aren't any events coming through the
Moray plugin interface that tell me hard to tell just what/when to set
keys.

A secondary problem (mostly mine) is that I can only keyframe things
that have names.  Moray doesn't require a name for all material elements
(again, like media).

A third problem is what do do if two things point to the same material.
If I set the keys based on how one object wants to use the material, it
will affect any other object using it.  This looks like a relatively
minor problem.

What I'm thinking of is that when a key gets set for an object, walking
down it's attributes and seeing if there's a material in there.  If so,
then I'll set keys for the entire material and any named pieces of it.
Then if you want to keyframe media, you will need to give the pieces of
the media names (like you would if you wanted atmosphere).

All this kind of has to wait until Lutz and I resolve some pretty nasty
crashes associated with how I want to control POV-Ray...

Xander