POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Classical reconconstruction problems : Classical reconconstruction problems Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:42 EDT (-0400)
  Classical reconconstruction problems
From: Roger Twitchell
Date: 2 May 1999 02:34:26
Message: <372C0E5D.12EE0FE4@psu.edu>
Folks,
I've been working on "rebuilding" a mammoth Roman basilica off and on
over the past couple years, and one thing I haven't even dared try is
construction of a decent Corinthian capital.  It's based on the Greek
corinth flower, which looks I guess a little like cabbage, sort of.  Is
there some sort of L-system -based construction I could try, or should I
play around with clipped, flattened toruses?

Looking through a few image libraries, I haven't seen a thing with
anything more than a decent Ionic capital.  Interest in classical
reconstructions, which seems perfectly suited for POV-Ray's
ultra-accuracy, seems largely eclipsed by the surreal.  Maybe someone
can point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Roger Twitchell