POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Images! : Re: First Images! Server Time
4 Oct 2024 07:14:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First Images!
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 1 May 1999 08:53:22
Message: <372AEAF0.46ACC514@aol.com>
A gelatinous torus with a blue ball in the center, of course. j/k
Not much, is it?
If I remember right this would have rendered about a half day on my
486-33SX. That's right, no coprocessor.
Well, I have no idea why you would want the script for it and I was going
to post it here immediately, however, I failed to find it even after a
very in depth search here. To make it worse, while trying to locate the
file, if it still exists, I definately remember naming the image
"within.tga" although the script itself could be named anything
(glsdonut.pov?). Dates back to '93 after all. I even used Windows Find to
look for a possible text string inside all the files. I'm afraid I may
have house-cleaned and deleted the file long ago when I was juggling the
disk space for more renders. I got down to 0 bytes left on many occasions
while attempting animation frame output.
Want to see a quick remake? Here you go, not like the original sadly, this
isn't scene-file worthy so I'll drop it in here relating to this thread:

//BEGIN
//re-make of a first real attempt at a pov-ray scene, circa '93
global_settings {assumed_gamma 2.0}

// white pointlight at camera position
#declare LCX = 0
#declare LCY = 2
#declare LCZ = -4

light_source { <LCX+15,LCY+2.5,LCZ-15> color rgb 1}
camera {
  location  <LCX,LCY,LCZ>
  angle 64
  look_at   <-.2,0,0>
}

plane {z,7.5
 texture {pigment {bozo turbulence .7 frequency 3 color_map {
         [0 color rgb<.9,.9,.9>]
         [.33 color rgb<1.2,1.2,.4>]
         [.66 color rgb<1.2,.6,.3>]
         [1 color rgb<.9,.6,.6>]
         } ramp_wave scale 6}
        finish {ambient .25 diffuse .5}
         }
}
torus {1.2,.8 scale <1,.8,1>
 texture {pigment {rgbf<.9,.925,.975,.9>}
  finish {ambient .2 diffuse .4 specular .6 roughness .01 refraction on
ior 1.2}
  }
}
sphere {0,.66 //translate .125*y
 texture {pigment {rgb<.15,.1,.8>}
  finish {ambient .3 diffuse .7 metallic .5 brilliance 2}
  }
}
//END

--