POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Roman church : Re: Roman church Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Roman church
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 30 Apr 1999 13:03:22
Message: <3729D0BA.52623874@xs4all.nl>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> A year ago, I built a Roman style church, entirely in POV-Ray (Later I
> added some objects outside, made with Moray...). This is a view of the
> interior.
> Please, comment!
>
> Thomas

It's an impressive impression. I like the columns and the arches. There's
something wrong with the windows and the floors though. The windows seem to be a
bit too cheerful. As for the floor: I don't believe you'll find such a floor in
a Roman church, at least not that smooth and IF the architects would have used a
diagonal tiling I think they would try to fit it better round the base of the
columns and the floors. You can't have a sloppy mess in a holy place ;-)
Oh, yeah: I also like the atmosphere but the walls seem a bit too smooth too.

Groeten,

Remco

(er schijnt een nogal actieve nederlandstalige POV-gemeenschap te zijn)