POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Most unuseful macro contest : the mPipe macro : Most unuseful macro contest : the mPipe macro Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:16:06 EDT (-0400)
  Most unuseful macro contest : the mPipe macro
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 30 Apr 1999 09:58:06
Message: <3729A960.6B66E4C@inapg.inra.fr>
The race is on...
Here is one very useless macro I did a few days ago for a picture (and
didn't use eventually because the pipes didn't look good in that
particular image, too bad).
It makes random pipes like in that old Windows screensaver, though the
pipes are constrained in a box. You can define your own pipe decorations
and some other parameters. You can save the result in a file for later
use. It can eat considerable amounts of memory. It's not bugfree.
Our silent friend Goevert did a picture like this some time ago, but
this is a totally different code.

It's good to create pipes, oil refinerie, Death Star tunnels, and er,
pipes and oil refineries.

Pipe image demo below, made with several runs of the macro.
Macro and example in binaries.utilities (madpipe.zip).

Have fun

Gilles Tran

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: