POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Inner Self : Re: The Inner Self Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Inner Self
From: Ken
Date: 29 Apr 1999 23:25:12
Message: <372913BF.BFE05F5B@pacbell.net>
Lewis wrote:

> Ken wrote:
> >
> > A proof of concept/technique image. Not bad considering the poor
> > quality of the solid half I used for the test.
> >
> > --
> what technique is it that you're proving?

  How to halve a pre-made mesh object obtained from the net. It looks
easier that it really is. A lot of it depends on the tools you have to
work with and the order in which the mesh was created. Another aspect
is sizing of of two mesh objects from different sources. As it has been
pointed out on the thread the proportions are different between the two
objects. I need so somehow stretch the leg on the solid mesh while
leaving the body scaled as is. This means a simple linear scaling won't
work in this case.

  Another reason for trying this is I simply thought it would make for a
cool looking image ;^ )

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net