POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shut up Spider : Re: Shut up Spider Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shut up Spider
Date: 28 Apr 1999 23:18:30
Message: <3727c176.0@news.povray.org>
Also I have to complain about ken..who ever he is and his butt buddy here
spider think they are...they have no right to complain about such stupid and
small details and errors. Like for example!

A few posts down "CD-ROMs attempt at photo realism"
ken said and I quote!

"That's a nice set of table coaster you have there (don't try to figure
it out it's an inside joke around here). Seriously this is one of the
better attempts on this theme I have seen to date. It is evident you
put considerable effort into it and it has paid off. Be careful with
the use of the work photo realism. Do you want it to look like a photo,
or do you want it to look like a real life view of this object in this
setting, fooling the viewer that it was indeed really there ??"
Now its a positive statement..but he has to add something negative! like
below where he gets upset about something so stupid and small...the use of
the word photorealism in this mans subject!

   KEN:    "I disliket he term photo realism for the above stated argument.
It
seems contrary to the intent of the artist to mimic reality in a
virtual medium."

I mean come on! shut up! i dont ever see you or spider posting your
pictures! im sure you could do a kick ass ob but come on man!

_