POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another recursion macro test : Another recursion macro test Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:17:07 EDT (-0400)
  Another recursion macro test
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 28 Apr 1999 18:11:42
Message: <3727798e.0@news.povray.org>
Testing a fractal macro I'm making. Because of some quirk I've still to
nail, it has trouble with 3D macros. So this one is 2D.
I went a bit overboard with this image, used a recursion level of 10 -
1,062,864 objects. I really should have used 11 fur sub-pixel precision, but
enough is enough. The memory hit wasn't all that bad, ~170 megs. If only I
had 256 megs RAM...

Time For Parse:    1 hours 40 minutes  43.0 seconds (6043 seconds)
Time For Trace:    0 hours 12 minutes  58.0 seconds (778 seconds)
       Total Time:    1 hours 53 minutes  41.0 seconds (6821 seconds)

Next I think I'll do an anim of this fractal curling itself from a straight,
triangular shape to the current shape and beyond. Might look interesting.

Margus

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Recursive2.jpg' (110 KB)