POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : New Output File Format : Re: New Output File Format Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Output File Format
From: Mat Anger
Date: 28 Apr 1999 15:01:58
Message: <37274d16.0@news.povray.org>
Success! I've fixed the output problem; there was some code in targa.c which
was switching between 24 and 32 bit targa files and not recognising my
filetype so it simply didn't output any pixels.  I've coded my own output
routines and it now works fine in outputting a 48 bit-per-pixel image (16bit
RGBA)... BUT... these colour values are always in the range of 0 to 1.0 (256
in my file-format), never higher, so I've concluded that there is some code
in the lighting routines in POV that clips to the 0-1.0 range... to the
point, anyone know where it is? or can think of another reason?