POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Titanic: Opinions needed! : Titanic: Opinions needed! Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Titanic: Opinions needed!
From: Simon de Vet
Date: 28 Apr 1999 14:11:04
Message: <37274123.A82014F9@istar.ca>
This is my work-in-progress image for the IRTC history round.. the
titanic on the bottom of the sea.

Things I still have to do:
- Add rusticles.. a lot of them. This is the most work.. luckily, I
think I can use the liquid spray for this.
- Fix up the brass textures. Should be darker brown, less yellow.
- Use an arealight. Makes light a bit darker.
- Do something about the visible floor through the door... probably
extend it a bit, maybe use a heightfield.
- Get rid of lousy looking sand at base of walls.. that was a failure.
- Improve some textures... the walls have a nice normal, but it is
almost invisible with the light at this angle.. maybe replace the light.

- Maybe a fog of some kind? Probably not, haven't had luck with this in
the past.
- General tweaks, here and there.

About 3/4 of the image is spatch, the other 1/4 is heightfields and CSG.

It is rather accurate, and I did a lot of research. However, lack of
time will preclude any more accuracy :(

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet

Post a reply to this message