POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Atmospheric Media settings (Reply to Gail Shaw) : Atmospheric Media settings (Reply to Gail Shaw) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Atmospheric Media settings (Reply to Gail Shaw)
From: Stephen Lavedas
Date: 28 Apr 1999 12:07:11
Message: <37272432.365315FB@virginia.edu>
As requested, here are my atmospheric media settings...  Ken I am
posting this in here because it is only a snippit of code and I believe
it belongs here as a reply to Gail's request.
	As a side note, I upped the intervals and samples because when two or
more spotlight beams overlapped there was grainyness which isn't
entirely gone, but is diminished.  Also, extinction is a good value to
play with.

Steve

media {
   intervals 35
   samples 10,50
   scattering {
      1 ,  rgb <0.25, 0.25, 0.25> // isotropic scattering
      extinction 0.1
   }
}