POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Style, Grace, and Elegance : Re: Style, Grace, and Elegance Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Style, Grace, and Elegance
From: Rick (Kitty5)
Date: 28 Apr 1999 10:46:17
Message: <37271129.0@news.povray.org>
This is a very nice lamp, i was wondering what you would cook up!.

The lamp looks fine, but it may need some minor height adjustmet when it
gets into the final scene, overall perfect.

Might i suggest than when you light such an object such as this the you
position the lights off to one side, with the light appearing to be on the
same plane as the camera it all looks a bit flat.

try placing one light slighty higher than the camera, and about 30-45 deg to
the left (or Right), then place a second light slightly lower then the
camera 20 deg or so to the right (the opposite to the the previous light)
and make its brightness 20% or so, and maybe not 100% white, try for a
similar color to the rest of the scene (but more of a slight off-white).

Rick

----