POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New TGAMosaic and a little dog : Re: New TGAMosaic and a little dog Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New TGAMosaic and a little dog
From: Ken
Date: 28 Apr 1999 10:19:36
Message: <3727097D.3E41333@pacbell.net>
Andrew Woodfin wrote:

>     I worked on my little utility TGAMosaic this weekend, following some
> of Ken's suggestions (many thanks!). It now allows a little more
> animation capability and reduces output file size considerably. A few
> other changes have been thrown in as well. You can download the new
> version at http://www.coe.uncc.edu/~adwoodfi/, or just see more samples.
>
>     Here's a sample of the output, using one of my vicious beasts as a
> model.
>
> Andy

  There seems to be a minor bug in the default output of your utility.
To get the image to "read right" that is to say to have it oriented
as expected using the default camera that is provided the input image
must be flipped or it is incorrect. The two examples below illustrate
what I am referring to. If I don't flip the image in a paint program
then the rendered image appears inverted on screen.

  Out of curiosity do you have an ini file or something set up so that
for your setup of pov it will use a right hand coordinate system
instead of Pov default left handed system. This might to some degree
explain the bassackwardness of the in vs out.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'niceday.jpg' (19 KB) Download 'aniceday.jpg' (16 KB)

Preview of image 'niceday.jpg'
niceday.jpg

Preview of image 'aniceday.jpg'
aniceday.jpg