POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Star City : Re: Star City Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:13:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star City
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 28 Apr 1999 09:01:46
Message: <3726f8aa.0@news.povray.org>
Interesting shape. What is it made of? Torus segments?
Like the others said, it lacks the sense of huge scale. I have never been
able to accomplish this in a satisfactory way. Perhaps one thing: make the
horizon curve quite a bit. I see you already use a wide camera angle,
perhaps increase it even more.
Also, as it's a skyscraper, make it scrape the sky :) - introduce a cloud
layer, which the object either enters or is very close to.
Some reference objects may be needed; maybe a group tiny houses and roads
near the base? Surface texture may improve the effect, but this will be
tricky - the wrong texture may actually make the object look smaller. And I
really like the clean, minimalistic look of this image, which would be
ruined by too prominent textures.

If you do manage to make the object look huge, I would be very interested in
the methods you used for the effect.

Margus