POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Bicubic Patches? : Re: Bicubic Patches? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:22:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bicubic Patches?
From: Ken
Date: 28 Apr 1999 03:51:20
Message: <3726AEC2.8EF28ECC@pacbell.net>
Phil Clute wrote:

> The answer to this question is probably going to go way
> over my head, but here goes...
> I'm trying to figure out just how these bicubics work.
> The pov docs say I should use a modeller, but I wanted to
> try my luck at animating a few patches together, in harmony
> using variables for the control points. However, only the
> corners(as far as I know) are stable, that is to say each
> corner actually resides at the point in space indicated by its
> vector.
> Lets say I have 2 patches side by side, each patch is a square,
> together forming a rectangle. When I pull on a corner the middle
> seam comes apart.
> So, the question is: What frightening math equation do I need to
> know and love in order to keep those seams together.
>
> Note: I am mathematically challenged...please explain as though
> you are speaking to a moron, because you are. :-)
>
> --
> ...coffee?...yes please! extra sugar,extra cream...Thank you.

  On friday the 24 of april Ron Parker offered some insight on the
subject of bicubic patches in the advanced users group. As well as
being informative perhaps as a follow up to that thread you could
repost your question in hopes of getting more information related
to your question.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net