POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Humble request : Re: Humble request Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Humble request
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 28 Apr 1999 02:14:44
Message: <3726996C.BC7DF97E@geocities.com>
"Rick (Kitty5)" wrote:

> hardly helpfull,
> > Netscape.
> hardly helpfull, well i suppose some one had to mention that pile of ****
> (from personal experience as a web designer, i have to put in extra hours to
> get a page looking correct on netscape, and when im being paid by job, thats
> the last thing i want.)

Well, actually it is usually the other way around. MSIE is the one not
following specs and causing problems. Especially in the context of this thread,
Outlook/Exchange can cause major problems when sending to Netscape, not because
of anything on the Netscape end but because of Netscape following the Internet
specs & RFC's and MS sending piles of '****' out. As a developer, having to put
in extra hours to help MIS figure out what's happening to our mail and why
parts are not showing up is the last thing I want. Sigh.

For HTML in mail, Netscape has a tendency just to put out "bad style" HTML,
whereas Outlook/Outlook Express actually puts out broken/illegal HTML But that
should be a moot point, as people should post in plain text and attatch images.
(BTW Ian, for Outlook I believe that you need to avoid pasting the images if
you want them not to be inlined. Look for an actual 'attatch' command/menu
item.)

(BTW, Better info on web page building issues can be had from
http://www.htmlhelp.com/ Reading there can help save you headaches in your
work)