POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Memory(optimization) help. : Re: Memory(optimization) help. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:30:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory(optimization) help.
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 28 Apr 1999 02:06:28
Message: <37269764.E2D0AC02@Kopp.com>
Spider wrote:

> All of the objects in the array are pretextured, and I've unioned as many of
> them as possible when creating the copies to reduce the load of translating
> them.

Unfortunately, when POV copies an object, it makes a complete copy of the
object's transformation and texture (if I understand correctly... I did
look at the source code).  That means every object has a complete texture and
a trnasformation matrix.

> Now I wonder, is there a way to make this more memory-efficient?

I don't think so.  I do think that POV needs some better memory optimizations,
though.

-Nathan