POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Q: Are the 'generic' sources no longer kept generic? : Re: Q: Are the 'generic' sources no longer kept generic? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Q: Are the 'generic' sources no longer kept generic?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 28 Apr 1999 01:06:40
Message: <37268960.3616E1E4@Kopp.com>
In POV 3.1a, on which my custom complile (UVPov) is currently based, there
is one line with a C++ "//" comment and one line with a windows-specific
function call.  That function call is to allow the windows front-end to
highlight the line where a parse error occured.  In my opinion, even this
function call should become platform-independent, since the Mac version
probably uses a similar function and an X version for unix could, too.
And for systems that don't use it, they could just #define it to nothing.
I've had people compile UVPov for a unix system after changing these two
lines (well, and a line for mosaic preview... but that was a 3.0 vs 3.1
difference), so it is still quite platform-independent.

-Nathan