POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A Lighting Question : Re: A Lighting Question Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Lighting Question
From: Ken
Date: 28 Apr 1999 00:22:33
Message: <37267DE1.B74E5389@pacbell.net>
Neil Mercer wrote:

>     If I had known of the existence of the VFAQ then I wouldn't have asked
> the question... I would have gone there instead, but I didn't so I did (does
> that make sense to anyone?).  So I think really the problem is that the
> existence of the VFAQ is not as widely known as it should be, especially to
> people like me who are new to the newsgroup.
>
>     There....
>
>     Neil.

 The fact that it is not widely known is not true. There was an entire
newsgroup formed just so that it would be know. Look at the newsgroup
formed on this server called:

povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions

  This came about specificaly to let new people to these groups know
where to find important information. The VFAQ I believe is the first
enrty in that group and would be one of the first things a person new
to this server should look at.
 The steps have been taken to get this information out to the people.
It's up to the people to do the right thing and look for it in the
appropriate forums.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net