POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Posting Policies? : Re: Posting Policies? Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:35:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Posting Policies?
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 27 Apr 1999 23:10:32
Message: <37266e18.0@news.povray.org>
Simon de Vet <sde### [at] istarca> wrote in message news:372667BC.566DD28B@istar.ca...
> Just thought I'd ask before making a fool of myself.
>
> What are the general guidelines for posting in this group? File size
> restrictions? Formats?
>
> I've made a nifty-keen (well, pretty lame, really, but I like it)
> animation of an Animal 57 (as you may know from p.b.i) pulsing from
> within its tank. I'd like to show it, but not be shot down in a trail of
> smoke.

Hi Simon,

There's a 1Mb file limit after encoding. I think mpeg's are most widely viewable from
platform to platform, but I often prefer to post avi's as I can often get better
quality.
As for making a fool of yourself...don't let that worry you. I don't let it stop me
:-) Go
ahead and post it....I'd like to see it.

all the best,

--
Andy