POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Star City : Re: Star City Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Star City
From: Ken
Date: 27 Apr 1999 23:15:09
Message: <37266E1A.A75BBF8@pacbell.net>
Andrew Cocker wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     A work in progress, although it's not far from finished. I just need to find a
texture
> for the huge buildings that conveys a sense of massive scale, whilst retaining their
sleek
> look. A kind of 'dirtying-down' weathered look, along with many tiny windows. Also,
some
> ground detail, once more to emphasise the vastness of the star.
>     Any comments appreciated.
>
> --
> ----------------------
> Andy

 It's a cool looking shape. As far as conveying the idea of vastness or
a sense of grand scale you need some element in the scene to give it
comaparative value. I do not think that textures alone can do this. You
need an object of known size to give the obsever something which gives
him a frame of reference. To me this looks like an exhibit at an abstract
art gallery or one of of those unknown pieces of work in an alcove
somewhere in front of a new building somewhere. Maybe a space suited
figure on the pad below it or a small cargo vehicle or some such would be
enough to give the reference to great size you seek.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net