POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another fractal : Re: Another fractal Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:17:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another fractal
From: Mike Metheny
Date: 27 Apr 1999 18:37:34
Message: <37262e1e.0@news.povray.org>
<<Fractals and POV really are a wonderful mix, no?
I suspect this is in reality 6 copies of a 2D-fractal forming the cube.
Right?>>

You are correct sir.  actually, I started out with a fractal I used to draw
by hand on occasion, (seen below)  and for the cube combined 4 of these per
side; for 24 fractal shapes to create the actual box.  Each segment is a
cylinder capped by 2 spheres; the above image took close to 5 hours to
render. . .I wonder if it would be faster to use one box in said instance?
Also I had to make the width of the segments fairly large; they look kinda
funny at lower iterations. . .what was happening is that I thought my code
was faulty cause several segments (pixel wide i guess) were missing in the
render unless the thickness was increased greatly.  Anyway, once I clean up
the source for the fractal itself, and turn it into a macro (which was my
original intention, my first try at macros) but right now it's just a while
loop.

--

Mike Metheny
lon### [at] vtedu

"When one's words are no better than silence, one should keep silent."

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fractal1(5).jpg' (30 KB)

Preview of image 'fractal1(5).jpg'