POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Animated HF : Re: Animated HF Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:32:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated HF
From: Ph Gibone
Date: 27 Apr 1999 15:53:40
Message: <372607b4.0@news.povray.org>
>I was wondering what was the best way to proceed :
>- creation of textures to be used as height fields
>- mesh generation
>- isosurface (with a parameteric definition of the waves) in the
Superpatch.
>I tried the last two approaches and I went as far as creating a wave macro
that
>makes a simple wavy surface mesh but I stopped there. The problems I have
>solve are 1) the mesh /isosurface size and parsing and 2) how to introduce
>randomness in the waves. If you want the source it's available.

The solution I'm currently investigating is :
1) I start with a still image (multifractal or fractionnal Brownian motion)
and then
2) I add 2 sine waves of different Ampitude, Frequency and Direction and
then
3) I add a Three (x, y (or z) and time) dimensionnal correlated noise (don't
know yet what will be the final form)

The sample I've posted is made of Part 2 only (the smoothest ocean possible
!),
The code for part one is written and working (!!!?)
The final idea for part three is in my head I just have to squeezzzzzz my
brains to take it out !

Of course I'm interested in your Code, I hope I will come with an idea for
your point 2, because it is my current concern

Philippe

Gilles : J'adore ton site (J'aime aussi Dali, Magritte et Tanguy, ce n'est
donc pas une surprise)