POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : This is not a Rollex WATCH : Re: This is not a Rollex WATCH (no, it's a horn now) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is not a Rollex WATCH (no, it's a horn now)
From: Spider
Date: 27 Apr 1999 16:04:46
Message: <3725F1BF.40675BC0@bahnhof.se>
Hey, are you speaking about windows... no, that dumps all the files with very
obscure filenames in one big DIRECTORY, so that can't be it... hmm, Linux? Well,
I must say that all the filenames are very describing, but where are they when
the newbie needs them? (hehe) Well........ I can say, i've learned how to use
the search functions now :-)

bankspad wrote:

> I need to step in and back-up Ken here. What brought me to this group to begin with
was
> this very thing - exrusions and splines - several months later I get the answer I'm
looking
> for ( not the default "get a modeler like moray or spatch" ) , however it is tossed
rather
> casually into a message buried in a thread that know one in 2 weeks time will
remeber that
> it is even here. This I stumbled upon quite by accident  - but I wonder how many
thousands
> that may look and lurk here between now and forever will not benefit from other's
hard work
> and discoveries if that data is not stored in the places that claim to have that
data
> stored there - imagine your O/S putting files wherever it felt like and suddenly you
need
> to find a file somewhere under some drive in some folder or sub-folder or sub-sub
folder on
> your 8+ gig hard drive.    ;-]
>
> KB-
>
> Ken wrote:
>
> > Gilles Tran wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the reference Ken, but my spline macro may be overkill for that.
Also, the

--
//Spider
        [ spi### [at] bahnhofse ]-[ http://www.bahnhof.se/~spider/ ]