POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Media and Atmosphere (jpg ~125k) : Re: Media and Atmosphere (jpg ~125k) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:17:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media and Atmosphere (jpg ~125k)
From: Ken
Date: 27 Apr 1999 13:42:38
Message: <3725E813.FECF0D67@pacbell.net>
Ken wrote:

>  I don't recall the first image but as a stand alone image this example
> speaks well for the ability of media to produce atmospheric effects.
> That is of course if the render time was under a hour or two.
>
> I'll go look now at the referenced image and see how well it does compare.

  I like the visibility in the original more so than the media version.
The media seems to really cut down on the visiblility of the objects in
the scene. I have had similar problems and have as yet not found a way
around it. I think Pov needs a different sampling method than the one
that is currently employed. These opinions are my own and do not
necessarily reflect the views of the Pov team or the mistress of the
President of the United States.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net