POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Animated HF : Re: Animated HF Server Time
20 Jul 2024 23:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animated HF
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 27 Apr 1999 11:11:38
Message: <3725C619.E753ABC6@inapg.inra.fr>
Wew, this looks very promising.
After that sorry "FIRST POVRAY OCEAN" business I was planning to have a try
myself, since the maths may be less complicated than I thought (see
http://www.imagewks.com/imageworks/docs/research/research_nate2.html).
I was wondering what was the best way to proceed :
- creation of textures to be used as height fields
- mesh generation
- isosurface (with a parameteric definition of the waves) in the Superpatch.
I tried the last two approaches and I went as far as creating a wave macro that
makes a simple wavy surface mesh but I stopped there. The problems I have to
solve are 1) the mesh /isosurface size and parsing and 2) how to introduce
randomness in the waves. If you want the source it's available.

Gille Tran