POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : This is not a Rollex WATCH : Re: This is not a Rollex WATCH (no, it's a horn now) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is not a Rollex WATCH (no, it's a horn now)
From: Ken
Date: 27 Apr 1999 11:05:46
Message: <3725C35A.447C0830@pacbell.net>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Ken wrote:
>
> >  I somehow had the impression that your macro could change shape as it
> > progressed along it's path. From what you say I now get the impression
> > that this is not so. Sorry for my lack of understanding and I will give
> > your macro more study so as to acertain it's true functionality before
> > again refering it to others for a given task.
>
> You had this impression because the very first version I posted did change the shape
along
> the path with some fancy function (not a real bug but the ghost of a "specialized"
> version). So that was not neither a figment of your imagination not a lack of
understanding
> from your part. Daniele Vazarro's "striscia" macro looks like it can do the trick
> (http://members.xoom.com/dvarrazzo/ipov.htm).

I love it when I am right and wrong at the same time :)

> Hehe. It's just that I saw it more as a help for Spider than as the
> Incredibly Useful Macro That's Here to Stay. Ok, I'll post this little
> widget of a horn making macro in... what's best ? text.scene-files or
binaries.utilities ?

> G.

 I know it's not that big a deal but hey when you are a new user or an
advanced user with missing or damaged brain cells these little things
help.

 povray.text.scene-files would be appropriate. If it is a large file or
zipped for space then the binaries would be more appropriate.

 Thank you for your concern.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net