POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : This is not a Rollex WATCH : Re: This is not a Rollex WATCH (no, it's a horn now) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:13:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is not a Rollex WATCH (no, it's a horn now)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 27 Apr 1999 10:45:25
Message: <3725BFF4.F5F3AABD@inapg.inra.fr>
Ken wrote:

>  I somehow had the impression that your macro could change shape as it
> progressed along it's path. From what you say I now get the impression
> that this is not so. Sorry for my lack of understanding and I will give
> your macro more study so as to acertain it's true functionality before
> again refering it to others for a given task.

You had this impression because the very first version I posted did change the shape
along
the path with some fancy function (not a real bug but the ghost of a "specialized"
version). So that was not neither a figment of your imagination not a lack of
understanding
from your part. Daniele Vazarro's "striscia" macro looks like it can do the trick
(http://members.xoom.com/dvarrazzo/ipov.htm).

>  Regarding as to whether the code should have been placed in this group
> or the scene files group that is where I am forced to disagree. To you
> it may seem like a trivial piece of Pov script but to others it may seem
> like magic.

Hehe. It's just that I saw it more as a help for Spider than as the Incredibly Useful
Macro
That's Here to Stay. Ok, I'll post this little widget of a horn making macro in...
what's
best ? text.scene-files or binaries.utilities ?

G.