POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Castles : Re: Castles Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:14:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Castles
From: Marc Schimmler
Date: 27 Apr 1999 10:08:37
Message: <3725B6D4.713FB100@ica.uni-stuttgart.de>
Nathan O'Brien wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Here's a test image that I thought I'd post for some comment. (As it is
> a test it doesn't get the 13 name or logo as yet).
>
> The features I'm testing are.
>
> 1. Background image macro. I used an image made with Terragen
> 2. Quick and easy height field and material_map macro used for the
> foreground
> 3. Image framing using a set of INI files and +C (continue trace)
> option. The The main image is a different scene file from the two frame
> sections.
> 4. A set of building macros to make castles. It will be based on the
> macro set I used for my last IRTC entry.
> --
> regards
>
> Nathan O'Brien
> no1### [at] no13net
> http://www.no13.net

I'm still stunned from your last IRTC entry and now this. I really like
what I see. The scene looks a bit empty but the heightfield is very
realistic! Although the background pic fits fine into this picture I
have to admit that for my own work this would be a no no in most cases
... might be useful in the other ones :-) .

I'd like to see the macros so!

BTW, alerted by your Piranesi entry I visited a temporary Piranesi
exhibition here in Stuttgart and got hooked. They have a homepage
( http://www.staatsgalerie.de/piranesi/uebers.htm ) but it is only in
german (they show some of his drawings there too).

Marc
--
Marc Schimmler