POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Castles : Re: Castles Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:14:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Castles
From: Ken
Date: 27 Apr 1999 10:10:20
Message: <3725B660.39653786@pacbell.net>
Nathan O'Brien wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Here's a test image that I thought I'd post for some comment. (As it is
> a test it doesn't get the 13 name or logo as yet).
>
> The features I'm testing are.
>
> 1. Background image macro. I used an image made with Terragen

  I see an obvious contrast difference between the background and the
3D foreground objects. The specular ? highlighting on the objects
in the foreground really make the backgound look contrived and
unatural.

> 2. Quick and easy height field and material_map macro used for the
> foreground
> 3. Image framing using a set of INI files and +C (continue trace)
> option. The The main image is a different scene file from the two frame
> sections.
> 4. A set of building macros to make castles. It will be based on the
> macro set I used for my last IRTC entry.
> --
> regards
>
> Nathan O'Brien
> no1### [at] no13net
> http://www.no13.net

  The last three items are exemplary of your usual high quality of
workmanship. The background feature needs work. Perhaps if the
foreground had an light obscuring haze added it would not be as
noticable ?

Regards,

--
Ken Tyler