POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: *dum duh daa!* My second image! W00! : Re: *dum duh daa!* My second image! W00! Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *dum duh daa!* My second image! W00!
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 26 Apr 1999 19:55:44
Message: <3724eef0.0@news.povray.org>
A BIT loud? :P

Btw, I tried to do a "carpet" effect with the floor.  Also, you may find
this interesting.  Here's the floor texture:

#declare Floor_Texture =
   material  // Floor Texture

      texture

         pigment
         {
            brick
               color rgb <0.92787, 0.783657, 0.69713>
               color rgb <0.963527, 0.90519, 0.890606>
            brick_size <2.0, 1.0, 3.33>
            mortar 0.1
            warp
            {
               turbulence <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>

            }
         }
         normal
         {
            wrinkles , 1.0
            scale  0.01
         }
      }
   }

So, as you can tell, the floor IS made of bricks, only with some turbulence
to make a swirly carpet.  Then I tried to make it look like the fibers. .
.blah blah blah. . .I'm most proud of the floor and the vase (and the light,
but that's another story) ;)

Thanks for the compliments and criticisms!

-Ian