POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: *dum duh daa!* My second image! W00! : Re: *dum duh daa!* My second image! W00! Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: *dum duh daa!* My second image! W00!
From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 26 Apr 1999 19:52:12
Message: <3724ee1c.0@news.povray.org>
Rick (Kitty5) <kit### [at] dialpipexcom> wrote in message
> Hi
> Much better, just a few comments (as usual!) the wallpaper - YAK, try
using
> one of morays gradient textures, i think there is one called candy-cane,
it
> could be tweaked a bit to look more like plane paper. you dont want the
> background to distract from the scenes center of attention.

Okay, I'll keep this in mind :)

> as to the method of making a vase, csg is good, lathe is also good, do
> whatever you like :)

Now you want me to get into lathe.  You are one mean dude :)

I'm getting into bezier patches in my next images.  Hope it comes out like I
want it :)

> nice trick with the table legs, if it works use it.

Yes, yes. . .

> also try using area lights to prevent casting hard shadows.

Ahh, that's true, but if you look at the post ABOVE this one, it shows a
ceiling light from this same image.  I don't know how good area lights would
make it look.

> Very good second image tho!
> Rick

Thanks :)