POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Programmer : Re: Programmer Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:29:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Programmer
From: Spider
Date: 26 Apr 1999 20:00:19
Message: <3724E433.3B61E4F3@bahnhof.se>
#declare FLAME = true;

Come come...
Pascal can be OOP . I know, I do.
Compilers that handle pascal OOP:
Borland Pascal 7.0
Borland Turbo Pascal 7.0
(Both of theese are now more or less difficult to find. they have long been
outside Borlands sortiment, and Borland is now known as Inprise)
Borland(Inprise) Delphi
TMT pascal (http://www.tmt.com)

As a language, Pascal is rather easy, yet far more powerful than most tend to
say.

Main reasons for beeing "easy" as a programming language is it's development.
It was ment to be "readable" and to read pascal code is rather like reading
english
(ex.)
Var I : integer; {I is the variable name (#declare I...)}
for I:= 1 to 15 do
begin
end;

This makes it easier to read, although somewhat slower to type than other
languages. (Sorry, I won't call BASIC a language ;-)

as a beginners place for Pascal, I'd recommend Khaan's place (
http://www.algonet.se/~khaan/ ) as it   has pretty good beginners guides and
lessons to learn pascal.

I'll also have to add that there are some freeware compilers for pascal(YEY).
Khaan covers this area as well :-)

#undef(FLAME)

--
//Spider