POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : question for you photon fans... : Re: question for you photon fans... Server Time
3 Sep 2024 06:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: question for you photon fans...
From: Ralf Muschall
Date: 26 Apr 1999 18:17:15
Message: <3724D7C0.C6146EB1@t-online.de>
GrimDude wrote:

>   I posted that I liked the keyword quanta, but I thought I would pass along
> a few other ideas. :)

I guess you wrote about replacements for "density"?
In this case, I'd prefer "separation".

> Planck - Not precise, but appropriate nonetheless
> energy - kind of like discrete (more energy = more space)
> intensity - appropriate given your formula in place (probably most
> appropriate)

I'm unhappy with all words that somehow remind of quantum
theory (including "photons" itself) -- what the patch does,
is to compute rays from the light source.
This might mislead newbies, and lead to name clashes in version
17.4 of 2023, which will take into account real quantum optical
effects :-)

Ralf