POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bryce-->POV-Ray : Re: Bryce-->POV-Ray Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bryce-->POV-Ray
From: bankspad
Date: 26 Apr 1999 10:56:26
Message: <37246116.810D2851@pacbell.net>
Hello:
I think, perhaps, 0.5 might be a bit much and recommend starting as low
as 0.09 and working your way up ( also playing with the waters ambience
to get the right balance of reflection and "reflected" light). Another
consideration could be: Your sky. Whether it is a sky_sphere or an
actual hollowed sphere - if you greatly increase the size of it you will
draw the focus of reflection further out towards the horizon,
eliminationg the "cyan bands" that you see in the distance; i.e. the
distance from water's surface to sphere/sky_sphere is indirectly
proportionate to the harshness of the reflection - closer => harsher;
further => softer.

KB-