POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bryce-->POV-Ray : Re: Bryce-->POV-Ray Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bryce-->POV-Ray
From: TonyB
Date: 26 Apr 1999 00:10:36
Message: <3723CC0A.3298EEE6@panama.phoenix.net>
>   Lookin good TonyB. It was mentioned before the cyan color
> is a reflection of the color of the sky and I would have to
> agree with that observation. I think the reason that it looks
> so obvious in the Pov versions, is that 1.) the sky is off
> color from the original and 2.) the waves in the Pov version
> are steeper than the Bryce version giving the water a chance
> to reflect more light directly back towards the camera's
> position. I would be willing to guess, that if you left
> your wave pattern type, and pattern float number alone, but
> increased the overall scaling evenly, it would flatten out
> nicely and give it properties more like the original you
> are trying to recreate. Well that is all I really have to
> offer but I look forward to seeing more of TonyB's work in
> the future.

Kudos from El Bestia. Wow... (=

I'm glad you like it. I'm actually using ripples scaled to 100 with a frequency
of 25. I haven't done anything to the wave type, don't 'normal'ly do that.
Hehe... I made a funny. (=

I also hope to be able to offer you all many more visual delicasies as my skill
at graphics increases.