POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bryce-->POV-Ray : Re: Bryce-->POV-Ray Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bryce-->POV-Ray
From: Ken
Date: 25 Apr 1999 23:09:38
Message: <3723CA44.E4C19E28@pacbell.net>
TonyB wrote:

 > Oh, yeah. I am including the original Bryce image, and some close ups of
 > the new image. I need help with the water texture and these wierd cyan
 > bands that appear. Thanks.

 TonyB,

  Lookin good TonyB. It was mentioned before the cyan color
is a reflection of the color of the sky and I would have to
agree with that observation. I think the reason that it looks
so obvious in the Pov versions, is that 1.) the sky is off
color from the original and 2.) the waves in the Pov version
are steeper than the Bryce version giving the water a chance
to reflect more light directly back towards the camera's
position. I would be willing to guess, that if you left
your wave pattern type, and pattern float number alone, but
increased the overall scaling evenly, it would flatten out
nicely and give it properties more like the original you
are trying to recreate. Well that is all I really have to
offer but I look forward to seeing more of TonyB's work in
the future.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net