POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : This is not a Rollex WATCH : Re: This is not a Rollex WATCH Server Time
4 Oct 2024 09:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This is not a Rollex WATCH
From: Ph Gibone
Date: 25 Apr 1999 19:19:58
Message: <3723950e.0@news.povray.org>

>Very nice even though I don't know how to call it ( I doubt you do
>either).
I know many things that it is not, may be it is some kind of galactic clock,
speaking with the heart of the galaxy to figure out the right time (which is
NOW).

>I find the metallic texture very impressive.
If you are speaking of the reddish one here is the source (very simple
texture in fact)

#declare CuivrePur =
   material  // CuivrePur

      texture

         pigment
         {
            color rgb <0.864567, 0.468733, 0.364567>
         }
         finish
         {
            ambient 0.280567
            diffuse 0.7
            brilliance 6.0
            phong 0.75
            phong_size 43.743333
            specular 0.41
            reflection 0.2733
         }
      }
   }

I use it very often (in "I killed my plumber" for instance)

Philippe