POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bryce-->POV-Ray : Bryce-->POV-Ray Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:20:18 EDT (-0400)
  Bryce-->POV-Ray
From: TonyB
Date: 25 Apr 1999 15:49:16
Message: <37235608.7BCF21A8@panama.phoenix.net>
Hello. I have been toying around with an old image I made with the demo
of Bryce2, trying to turn it into a POV scene. I took the coordinates
and rotations from the object properties of each object and also the
camera. I also took the heightfield for consistency. I've discovered
that with the Bryce demo you can have yourself a free mountain editor,
you just copy and paste the heightfield after you're done. (=

I know the textures are way off from the original (I mean, what do you
expect?), and the spacecraft aren't the same ones (couldn't find the
original meshes), but it looks pretty good, IMHO.

I used AA sampling method 2. I set the AA threshold to 0.5. I turned
display off. I set rendering priority highest, with GUI priority lowest.
I rendered at 1600x800, 24-bit color. Quality 9, without radiosity. I
set the max_trace_level to 20. It took 1hour, 45minutes and 30seconds to
render on my faithful 133, 10seconds of it was parsing. It ate up
15935645 bytes of RAM. Enjoy.

Oh, yeah. I am including the original Bryce image, and some close ups of
the new image. I need help with the water texture and these wierd cyan
bands that appear. Thanks.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'xwing.jpg' (37 KB) Download 'alienmoon2.jpg' (84 KB) Download 'ocean.jpg' (27 KB) Download 'alienmoon.jpg' (62 KB)

Preview of image 'xwing.jpg'
xwing.jpg

Preview of image 'alienmoon2.jpg'
alienmoon2.jpg