POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Matrix : Re: The Matrix [Code] Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Matrix [Code]
From: Charles Krause
Date: 25 Apr 1999 13:25:44
Message: <37234208.0@news.povray.org>
I hate to say this, because your image is very good indeed, but I don't
think it's all that accurate, although it depends WHAT you are trying to
model. If you are trying to model a computer screen representation of the
coded Matrix (as seen in the movie) then you shouldn't have a 3 dimensional
feel to it. Think of it as drops of paint moving down the screen. Where the
drop is most concentrated, the text is bright green, and rotating through
fonts. Where it is medium strength, it is bright, but not rotating, from
here on back the font is fading, much like an oscilloscope trace.

If you are trying to model the last part where Reeve's character sees
THROUGH reality into the numerical background, then the number streams
should be in the shapes of actual objects, with bright 'surges' moving
through the character streams.

Of course, as it stands, your image is very good, and there is nothing wrong
with it. I'm just pointing out what the movie seems to portray. Unless you
are going for replication of what they did, your image is fine.