POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : What is that t.pov file ? : Re: What is that t.pov file ? Server Time
6 Sep 2024 00:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What is that t.pov file ?
From: Jean Montambeault
Date: 25 Apr 1999 09:37:48
Message: <37230c9c.0@news.povray.org>
First I want to thank everyone who tried to help me. It was almost
impossible for anyone to find the solution as you'll see but it showed a
genuine concern for the fellow pover which is comforting.

time since it had been a problem for me and my computer that I had forgotten

downloaded files since the first days of Win95. Never a problem until POV
which doesn't seem to understand them and just stop reading when it meets
one, hence the message "Can't open c:\fichiers t.pov". I tested most of the
other program I run and none has that problem. The rest was of my own doing
since I've never been able to conform my mind to the strict syntax habit of
computing.
        Thought that many would like to know especially new users.

>    Hello everybody,
>
>        I'm as new to POV as they come (<a week) and my head is reeling
>after all that reading ! But I'm hooked and the only 12 steps I'm ready to
>take would have to lead me to great renderings.
>        Now the question : running Pov-Ray 3.1e it complains that it can't
>open the file c:\T.pov or c:\t.pov everytime that I try to open a file that
<clipped off>