POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A .. thing. - wowefib2.JPG (0/1) : Re: A .. thing. - wowefib2.JPG (1/1) Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A .. thing. - wowefib2.JPG (1/1)
From: Ken
Date: 25 Apr 1999 03:12:34
Message: <3722B1E9.F93D54DB@pacbell.net>
Thomas Lake wrote:

> Your a beginner? That's excellent!
>
> Jan Danielsson wrote:
>
> >  [Image]

I will agree with that.

 In regards to your question about compression I use anywhere from
10-15%. If it is a simple scene I get good results and reasonable
file sizes with 15% using PSP. If it has a lot of detail or a lot
of blue colors with subtle changes from one color to the next I go
with the lower compression rate as it seems to help to reduce the
jpg defects that show up in these types of images. Too be one the
safe side try, if at all possible, to keep your images under 100k
in size and you should have no problems with people in this group.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net