POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Piano : Re: Piano Server Time
4 Oct 2024 03:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Piano
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 25 Apr 1999 00:22:42
Message: <37228BEC.C24FF839@home.com>
Actually its not a bad image for only after 6 months. A couple of
suggestions though. I don't play the piano and haven't seen a grand/baby
grand piano in a while so my advise may not be exact. Anyway the legs of
the piano are way to large at the base, in fact they would look better
if they were simply tapered boxes. Same goes for the tool legs. Also the
piano lid seems a bit too thick. Also when you rendered it you might
have wanted to use a higher sampling rate for the focal blur. And as you
said the piano is floating. Those are my suggestions, nice image.

Oh and I see that this is an inline image, ie and HTML post. I didn't
have any problems viewing it but others might, in future I would suggest
posting all images as attachments.

"Nathan R. Zwalsh" wrote:

> Here's a Piano that i made using Rhino & pov.  I know that the keys
> are wrong,
> Please give me any critisim other than the keys
>
> The Piano and Colums  (in the back ground, focal blured for her
> pleasure) were moddeled in rhino the keys were an image map. Sorrry i
> lost the source file in a
> bad hard drive mishap (thats another story) It also appeaers to be
> floating in mid air
>
> Ive been using pov for about 6 months when i made this:

<Image>